The registration for children entering kindergarten next fall will be held on February 7, 8, and 9 at the offices of Lake Prairie, Oak Hill, and Three Creeks elementary schools of the Tri-Creek School Corporation from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. If you are unable to attend Kindergarten Roundup, please call the school your child will attend in order to have a packet mailed to you. Failure to participate in Kindergarten Roundup may cause children to be transferred to another school due to classes being filled.
Parents seeking to send their kindergarten students to Tri-Creek School Corporation for the 2017-2018 school year under Open Enrollment should attend Kindergarten Roundup and make application to the District at that time. Open Enrollment Applications will be available during Kindergarten Roundup.
Tri-Creek School Corporation provides full-day kindergarten for all children at Three Creeks Elementary School, Oak Hill Elementary School, and Lake Prairie Elementary School. Tri-Creek does not provide a half-day kindergarten program.
A child must be five years old on or before August 1, 2017, to be eligible for kindergarten. A legal birth certificate or hospital birth record should be presented during this registration. Birth certificate verification, complete immunization records that are verified with the physician’s signature and date, and proof of physical examination will be necessary before a child may start school. State law requires that children newly enrolled in kindergarten must have had the following immunizations. Please read the information immediately following the immunizations for important changes:
- Two (2) doses of MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine on or after the first birthday*;
- Three (3) doses of hepatitis B vaccine;
- Five (5) doses of diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP), diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTP), or pediatric diphtheria-tetanus vaccine (DT), or four (4) doses are acceptable if the fourth dose was administered on or after the fourth birthday*;
- Four (4) doses of any combination of inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) or oral polio vaccine (OPV). The fourth dose must be administered on or after the fourth birthday, and at least six months after the previous dose. (Three doses of all OPV or all IPV are acceptable if the third dose was administered on or after the fourth birthday, and at least six months after the second dose)*;
- Two (2) doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine on or after the first birthday and separated by three months or physician-written documentation (parent documentation is no longer accepted) of history of chickenpox disease, including month and year of disease*;
- Two (2) doses of Hepatitis A (Hep A).
*Important changes: The State of Indiana requires, as of the 2014-15 school year, that if the student has had a vaccine shortly prior to the birthday noted in that description then the student will need to have an additional immunization. All vaccines will need to be completed on or after the birthday noted in the description not shortly prior.
Parents and legal guardians of students new to the district will need to prove residency by providing a valid Indiana Driver’s License and either mortgage papers, a payment book, or a lease agreement. They must also provide two (2) of the following items: a NIPSCO bill, water bill, pay stubs, insurance bill, telephone bill, or bank statement. All the above items must include parents’ or legal guardians’ name(s) and their current Tri-Creek address. Please bring these materials with you when coming to register your student. If you have a unique situation or follow-up questions regarding the requirements to prove residency, please let the building secretary know and the district residency officer will contact you.
Students presently enrolled in Tri-Creek schools need to register in August to confirm enrollment.
Tri-Creek School Corporation would appreciate parental cooperation in notifying friends and neighbors of registration dates and times.